Website Chinese Community Church of Indianapolis
The Youth Pastor leads and equips youth leaders, and also ministers to the youth and their parents. The Youth Pastor also preaches and teaches in a variety of settings such as youth gatherings and Sunday morning English worship service (which includes children, youth, and adults). The Youth Pastor will gain responsibilities in outreach and discipleship over time.
- Aspires to grow in humility and holiness.
- Agrees with the CCCI Statement of Faith.
- Fulfills the biblical mandate of an overseer as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. (See Church Elders: How to Shepherd God’s People Like Jesus by Jeramie Rinne.)
- Demonstrates cultural competency and experience in navigating diverse cultures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Biblical Studies or related field preferred.
Reporting to the Lead English Pastor with accountability to the Elder Board:
- Leads and equips the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:12) by:
- … modeling and creating a strong culture of service in the youth ministries.
- … building up parents to confidently develop their youth’s faith through relationships and resources.
- Provides pastoral care to youth and their families by loving one another (John 13:34-35).
- Teaches in youth settings and preaches the word (2 Timothy 4:2) every four to six weeks in the English service in partnership with the Lead English Pastor.
- Leads church in being a welcoming community (Romans 15:7) by coordinating and promoting a hospitable culture.
- Builds relationships and cares for those both in the church and in the community.
- Works well independently.
- Collaborates well in partnership with existing church ministries.
- Coordinates events and relationships between ministries.
- Communicates effectively and in an organized and timely manner.
To apply for this job please visit indychinesechurch.org.